The subject this post focuses on is one that we all know quite well. Fear.
Fear can hold us back from being the greatest version of ourselves, and can stand as a barrier between us and what we really want in life.
These 21 powerful quotes on fear are intended to inspire you, and help lift you up to achieve your greatest aspirations.
Enjoy, be motivated, and be inspired!
Here are 21 Powerful Quotes on Fear
1. “Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it… that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.” Dale Carnegie
2. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?” Confucius
3. “The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.” Gandhi
4. “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
5. “I failed my way to success.” Thomas Edison
6. “Fear may come true that which one is afraid of.” Viktor Frankl
7. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” Rosa Parks
8. “When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not.” Virgil Thomson
10. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” Dale Carnegie
11. “Action cures fear, inaction creates terror.” Douglas Horton
12. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” Henry Ford
13. “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” Marilyn Monroe
14. “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.” Buddha
15. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
16. “Fearless minds climb soonest into crowns.” William Shakespeare
17. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” Mark Twain
18. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” Les Brown
19. “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.” Henry David Thoreau
20. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” Helen Keller
21. “Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.” Napoleon Hill
You might like 5 Ways to Use Fear to Your Advantage. Share your favorite quote on fear in the comment section below!